While gasoline is necessary to keep your car running, electricity is vital to get the engine started in the first place. Taking good care of a vehicle’s charging and electrical components is essential for smooth operation and avoiding any costly and untimely repairs. It can mean the difference between a quick ride to work and getting stranded on the highway.
Why Your Car’s Electrical Components Are Crucial
The main components of your car’s electrical system are its battery, starter, and alternator. These operate in a continual cycle: the battery powers the starter, which gets the engine going and drives the alternator. In turn, this charging system replenishes your car’s battery. Why is this process important?
- The battery powers key accessories: Even with the motor running, automobile operation still depends on a properly functioning battery and charging system. This will keep the radiator fan working, for example, keeping your engine from overheating.
- Car safety is involved: Key safety systems get their energy from your charging system, such as the headlights, windshield wipers, and defrosting components.
- Getting stranded isn’t fun: Simply put, if the electrical system isn’t functioning correctly, there’s no telling where your car may end up. This can cause problems with important plans, ranging from minor interruptions to huge headaches.
How To Tell If Your Vehicle Has Electrical Issues
If any of the three main components is malfunctioning, it can cause problems with the whole system. That means that simply replacing your battery, for example, won’t solve the problem if there’s a deeper issue going on.
- Dead battery: Car batteries do have a limited lifespan of about three to five years, so sometimes a battery just needs replacing. However, other components can play a major part, such as corroded cables, and loose connections.
- Vehicle starting problems: If your car won’t start, or takes a long time and multiple attempts to do so, two electrical system components may be at fault. A worn battery may not be sending sufficient charge, or the starter itself may be experiencing issues.
- Abnormally dim headlights: If you notice a significant difference in the brightness of your headlights, the problem may be that your car battery isn’t staying charged enough.
- Burning smell: Whether from loose wires or a worn pulley, burning smells are a sign that you need to get the electrical system checked out by professionals as soon as possible.
With professional diagnostics and charging repair, you can keep small issues from turning into major problems. The best course of action is to always have the charging system checked before replacing a battery.
Experience the Benefits of a Properly Functioning Electrical System
At Highline Car Care, we can resolve any electrical issues promptly. That way you can get back to doing the things you enjoy, safe and sound. Here’s what you can expect:
- Complete electrical system evaluation
- Voltage measurements
- Diagnostic findings summary and suggestions
- One-on-one conversation to determine the desired course of action
- Fast and professional component replacement or repairs
By having charging components evaluated by one of our certified technicians, you’ll find out exactly what’s going wrong and fix the problem correctly the first time. That saves you time and money.
Let Us Diagnose Your Electrical Problems in Gilbert, AZ
When something goes wrong with such a key automotive system, it’s best not to delay when it comes to detection and repairs. At Highline Car Care, we give your car the VIP treatment. Contact our expert auto repair shop in Gilbert right away to schedule an appointment. Highline Car Care also now offers easy-to-schedule service appointments with our Apresto App. Simply schedule your car for drop-off or even use our concierge service and avoid any interruption in your day to day.